DOWTHERM* RP heat transfer fluid is a diaryl alkyl intended for use in applications that require liquid phase heat transfer. DOWTHERM RP fluid can be used in non-pressurized systems, and is pumpable to 0°C (32°F).
A major advantage of DOWTHERM RP fluid is the fact that it degrades pri- marily to low molecular weight products, reducing the need to remove high molec- ular weight material from the system.
Recommended use temperature range:
DOWTHERM RP fluid can be used to a maximum bulk temperature of 350°C (660°F) and a maximum film tempera- ture of 375°C (710°F).
Intended as a heat transfer fluid for closed-loop systems. We recommend that you use this product in a manner consistent with the listed use.
- Can be used in non-pressurized, liquid phase systems.
- Has good low temperature properties, reducing the need for heat tracing.
- Has a high flash point.
- Exhibits excellent thermal stability at the maximum use temperature.
- Degrades primarily to low molecular weight products—no build-up of high molecular weight products that must be removed from the system.
- Has a single dose oral toxicity that is considered to be extremely low.
On June 2016, Famico exported Dowtherm RP to Turkey market, We have plan to develop our market in Turkey.